Outdoors setting. Hands-on training.
Prerequisite: Four hour avalanche awareness, avoidance and rescue class.
Learn: To find a beacon in under two minutes, search efficiently for multiple beacons, probe for a victim, lead and execute a fast avalanche rescue.
- Single and multiple beacon searches.
- Search patterns.
- Walk by test.
- Working as a team.
- Accurate pinpointing.
- Effective shoveling
- Common mistakes in beacon searches.
- Finding someone without a beacon
- Effective probing and pinpointing deep burials
- Rescue techniques.
- It not just looking at a beacon.
- Analyzing the avalanche and finding the most likely burial point.
- Coordination and step by step procedures for a fast rescue.
- Leadership and team work.
- probing and probe lines.
- Mistakes in rescue.
- Rescue scenarios.
- Group timed rescue.
- Find victims with and without beacons.
What to bring:
- Warm clothes and extra gloves. Dress much warmer than you would expect. We have never cancelled a class due to weather.
- Food and water.
- Your avalanche gear: beacon, shovel, probe.
- Good health, please let us know if you have health conditions or concerns. We will be walking/running up and down hills on the rescue scenario and rescue station.
We supply: Beacons, shovels and probes if you do not have them.
For class prices, locations and sign up Please click here